The Titan Solar Power Arizona Celebration of Freedom, held Monday, July 4 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., is the can't-miss Independence Day festival in the state. Here are the Top 10 reasons why you should be in downtown Mesa on the Fourth of July:
1. Yes, we have fireworks. Our spectacular fireworks show begins at 9:30 p.m. right after our Salute to America program at 9:15 p.m.
2. Lasers. That's right! We also have lasers. Get your "Introduction to Lasers" with three shows featuring spectacular laser displays, photos and music inside the Mesa Convention Center.
3. The Celebration of Freedom is a salute to all things free (including admission) but mostly America! Inside the fabulously air-conditioned Mesa Convention Center will be the Hall of U.S. Flags featuring the banners of all 50 states, the history of U.S. flags and the Fallen Soldiers Memorial. Outside you will find the Patriotic Military Showcase with military vehicles on display.
4. Beat the heat with KOOL Zones sponsored by KOOL-FM located throughout the event, and chase your children through the Splash Zone featuring inflatable waterslides.
5. The Great All-American Car Show returns to our event bigger and better than ever. The car show features 50 pre-registered American-made vehicles. If you love classic cars, you have to check it out!
6. BMX bikes are back! The stunt shows are packed with amazing stunts and jumps and topped off with a grand finale that doesn't include fireworks but will have you ooh-ing and aah-ing at the sky.
7. See if the 13 Colonies can break free from British rule during three Revolutionary War reenactments from We Make History. SPOILER ALERT: We win. Yay America!!
8. But wait, there's more! Beer stands, food trucks, beer stands, games, beer stands and Instagram worthy photo opps like the military vehicle displays. Also, there will be beer stands.
9. Belly up to the free water bar, hosted by Mesa Water Resources. We want you to stay hydrated, but this bar is BYOB, Bring Your Own Bottle. Refill whenever you need, including at the water fountains inside the Mesa Convention Center.
10. We can't say it enough. You can beat the heat at the KOOL Zones with giant fans and cooling misters, the Splash Zone and lots of patriotic displays inside the air-conditioned Mesa Convention Center.
11. Yes, 11. It is that good of an event. The Titan Solar Power Arizona Celebration of Freedom is truly a celebration of our freedom. And did we also mention it's FREE?
The Titan Solar Power Arizona Celebration of Freedom will be held at the Mesa Amphitheatre and Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center St., and along Center Street between First Street and University Drive. For more information, visit www.azcelebrationoffreedom.org.
The 2022 Titan Solar Power Arizona Celebration of Freedom is sponsored by the City of Mesa, Mesa Convention Center, Sertoma Club of Mesa, Visit Mesa, Downtown Mesa Association, 94.5 KOOL-FM, Crescent Crown Distributing, Delta Hotels, Entertainment Solutions Inc., Arizona Car Show LLC, AMR, Bashas', Food City, HomeServe, Nesbitt Contracting, Mesa Recycles, Miravista Holdings, Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, Scannell Properties, Union Pacific Railroad, Verra Mobility, Willmeng Construction, Niagara and United Food Bank.